Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On a more serious note.

With great thought and contemplation I add this entry.
I know it has been a while since my last entry, I have been busy working on a retreat that we are offering where I work at, Moon Beach. Well, I had to decide how personal I want to make this blog. You know, do you tell ALL of your secrets or is it to be like you have lived most of your life? Showing only the part that you are willing to show most people.
Obviously, I have made a decision to share what I keep hidden. In doing this, it is part of my journey. More importantly, I am doing this to help others start a journey. One they won't regret
Not all that long ago, I told people "I am a survivor," but the truth is I am a thriver.
I am a survivor/thriver of sexual abuse.
I was first abused between the age of 3 - 4, the abuse continued until I was in the fourth grade. Through out my life, I have also been physically and emotionally and psychologically abused.I don' share this because I want your pity. I am not interested in being a victim, nor did I ever want to be. I am taking back the power my abusers had over me by sharing my story.

That is the entire point of sharing this now. If all of those who have been abused tell someone...it could end. Telling takes their power from them. I KNOW how hard that is. It's a "dirty little secret" or so I thought for most of my life.But now I know that taking that power back and healing is the MOST important thing you can do for yourself and your family.

For me, being part of the group that I helped start and continue to work with at Moon Beach was a very big part of my healing. We have a retreat coming up March 16-18th. Please, if it is possible for anyone on this Journey or needing to start this Journey join us. You can find more information on the Moon Beach Official Site on Face Book. Or you can contact me directly.
If you can't be part of our retreat...Reach out and find a woman's shelter, a clergy, a teacher, a physician, a nurse. This is not your fault. But you need to take the steps to find who you are really meant to be.

With Love and Blessings I pray for healing for anyone preparing for traveling on this Journey.
Patti


.


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you feel more powerful everyday!! Love you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, it is amazing to feel this way, looking forward to seeing you and catching up!

      Delete
  2. My heart bleeds for you for what you've faced and had to deal with all these years. I also am happy for you to have made a decision to open up and talk about your life secrets. It's amazing what strenth is gained through healing.

    While I was reading your post, I was awe struck because I often thought about doing a personal side of my life, the ugly side you never want to talk about. I've always been the type to keep things positive. I've mentioned little bits and pieces but never ALL the story. Just talking about those little bits and pieces made me feel better but of course never made the memory go away. After thinking about posting about those times in my life I would always go back to the everyday stuff and put it aside for now.

    You are amazing Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sassy. I like to keep positive too. I really debated with myself about this one...but it needed to be said. I've come to terms with a lot about my life. I have finally decided to embrace it, it is all part of who I am. Telling those secrets always gives you a bit of relief/freedom for a reason. When the time is right. Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete