Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

First comes cold, Then comes snow






 
Oliver after our new layer of snow.

The weekend started out blustery. We attempted to plan to ski on Friday, but it never got above 2. So my day turned into
Skinner looking for his stick.
a day of working on knitting projects and laundry, with company of my hubby. He postponed the roof he was working on...until conditions are a bit more favorable. Saturday and Sunday were days of routine chores and some old movie time.
Well, finally Monday we were aboe to make it out for our first ski of the season! Absolutely amazing, the only way to describe it. One of the best parts was not having to practice how to get up after falling. This is only my second winter of skiing. A few very dear friends drug me out last year...I wasn't quite kicking and screaming. Honestly, I was pretty unsure about it. The three amazing women that got me out are all remarkable in their own rights...but also great teachers. It got to be a pretty regular outting, the four of us skiing and have lunch together. Before the ski season, we'd get together and walk and have lunch. Those times were all made incredibly special memories when we lost one of our Muskateers in December, to ovarian cancer. Honestly, I wasn't sure how skiing was going to be without her...but I felt like we celebrated her life on Monday better than any other way we could have. I'm sure she was with us the entire time. Sunday night we got a wonderful new coat of snow, easily 6-7 inches, I like to think of it ays yet another gift from the friend we have lost.
 Today was back to work.
Sctarted the day walking with Laurie...a great work out, nearly 60 minutes on an unplowed road, with plenty of hills. Then we undecorated the lodge. I put a food order in for the group arriving Thursday night. Did some work on the computer and done for the day.
I came home and shoveled the chicken yard, cleaned their hen house...making some chickens pretty darn happy!

1 comment: